Digital Magazine

Introduce yourself

This section is for newcomers to introduce themselves to the NZGUNS Forum community.

A short intro about your interests, hobbies and maybe your favourite rifle or calibre would be great!

Thanks for joining.

Nik

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up Nik.

Ive been reading the magazine since issue one and its been great to see it evolve with technology.

My interest in firearms stems from an interest in history and using them as tools both in the Army and putting meat on the table. Nowadays my focus is on becoming a better a better shooter.

I have been lucky to write a few articles for the magazine, which is a life long ambition but kind of strange as I consider myself a student more than anything else.

I am keen to see how this works out, thanks again for setting it up.

2 Likes

Thanks Kelvin!

Always great to hear of readers who have been with us since the beginning, quite humbling.

Yeh mate, appreciate the work you are doing for us! Ha, yep, we are all always learning!

Cheers,

Nik

1 Like

Kia ora koutou.
Been hunting for 15 years, was enlisted in the NZDF for nearly 8. I enjoy trophy hunting but my priority is food for the family. I’ve hunted Northland to Southland and all in between. Haven’t shot that once in a lifetime trophy yet.
Becoming more interested in shooting technology, will be starting to reload soon.
Not happy about this authoritarian government stripping our firearm rights.

Kia ora

3 Likes

Hey Reuben,

Awesome man, thanks for the spot!

It’ll happen mate, better chance once we can get back into the hills!

Reloading is great fun and I am sure as the forum grows you’ll find a heap of knowledgeable reloaders willing to help you get started. I have done quite a bit myself but mainly for hunting purposes etc.

Yeh it has been a rough road for sure.

Cheers,

Nik

Hi Everyone,
Ken Rountree - firearm importer at 55SIX. Great to see a new forum popup. Looking forward to contributing!

3 Likes

Kia ora - Ants here- Primo Nick and Amanda and team! I’m in Wellington- Porirua- ex Christchurch-ex Rotorua-ex Auckland-ex Taupo originally.

Kia Kaha in lockdown whanau.

Hey Ken,

Great to see you here mate!

Cheers,

Nik

Hi all,
Happy Easter - I have the bunny soaking in a brine for dinner :+1:t2:

Keen interest in shooting for the challenge of it - chasing those single hole groups - aiming towards consistent 1km on steel.
Spent some time in the army which introduced me to shooting - with the opportunity to use some pretty serious gear.

I do a fair amount of pest control / small game shooting and have recently started deer hunting - yet to take my first though. Lockdown isn’t helping with that!

2 Likes

Hi all, my names Luke. Im an auto Electrician diesel fitter trainer assessor and deadly underground miner. I work in Mali west Africa. Currently stuck at home in NZ due to travel restrictions. Love hunting and firearms collecting and I shoot ipsc :+1:

2 Likes

Hey mate,

Nice, that’ll be a good feed!

Sounds like a good spread of shooting and hunting, good stuff.

We’ll get out there soon enough, lots of trip planning at the moment!

I am always keen to help out anyone new to deer hunting, fire away with any questions.

Cheers,

Nik

1 Like

Hey Luke,

Welcome to the forum mate. Chuck up a pic of your IPSC pistols in here if you like?!

Cheers,

Nik

Hello
Great set up Nik.
Kiwi who lives in Zambia Africa for last ten or so years.
Still have house in NZ so get home to hunt 2 or 3 times a year.
Shoot 270
Love hunting Sika.
Did long range shooting course this Feb so may change rifle to 6.5 creedmore this year .
Cheers

1 Like

Hey Zamkiwi,

Glad you like it and thanks for joining up!

I love them sika too mate.

Cheers,

Nik